Tessa Quest do be lookin’ busty.

Happy Humpday! I just got out of our weekly meeting, and I have a lovely little patch with a raft of fixes, improvements, and a follower expansion for T1K4, the tutorial medi-bot to become a member of your crew.

Gedan and I are a little less visible this patch because we’ve been down in the train dungeon’s fuel car, shoveling code into the engine for its long-awaited (and too-long delayed) release. One of the potential openings has a fight against three discrete enemy statblocks while having a friendly ally helping – which means a ton of extra work to polish author-written text like “The sword slaps into the side of your neck.” into “The sword slaps into ${target.isPlayer ? “the side of your neck” : target.getCombatPronoun(“hisher”) + ` flank`“. Gedan’s first-drafts of the combat mechanics have been fantastic, and I’m crawling through spit-polishing every facet I can get at to deliver a good user experience.

I can’t wait to show it off.

0.9.099 Changelog:

• [Backers] T1K4 is expanded to be obtainable as crew and usable as an accessory for once-per-fight heals to shields and HP. Written by Magenta Needle and coded by Lowercase Donkey.
  • [Public] Dhaal’s post-party party is now accessible to the general public. It’s a great way to pass the time until Feruze is ready for a Taxi ride…
  • New Bust: Station Mistress (part of Tessa’s quest)
  • Under the hood work was done to better consolodate status effect notification text in combat – for example, blinding a large number of enemies at once should report on all of them in one of the little SMS-style text windows. (Gedan)
  • Fixed busted parser calls in the post-party party. (Jacques00)
  • Fixes for some appearance sub-menus. (Jacques00)
  • Gel Zon’s femboy scenes should trigger properly. (Jacques00)
  • Improvements to Kattom’s name display. (Jacques00)
  • Tweaks to the player immobilization systems. (Jacques00)
  • Fixes for large eggs & Ovilium. (Jacques00)
  • Accupitch labs now has a disabled tooltip with an explanation for why you can’t get in. (Jacques00)
  • Fixed an Extrameet crash. (Jacques00)
  • Fixes for the Great Majin and stepping off of her. (Jacques00)
  • Updated Smuggled Stimulant’s combat use text for NPCs.
  • More fixes for the Shalin Shaman (Lowercase Donkey)
  • Lots more subtle fixes and tweaks!